Portland Event Manager
The Portland Event Manager is responsible for overseeing fundraising and community events in Portland and the surrounding areas and acts as the point person for all relevant community partners and event vendors. This position serves as part of BAPBR's Leadership Team and works closely with the Board of Directors. This is a non-paid, volunteer position.
- Direct management of BAPBR's calendar of events in Portland and the surrounding areas
- Work with Salem Event Manager and Volunteer Manager to plan and staff all events
- Act as the BAPBR liaison with community partners and vendors
- Work with the Treasurer to track all funds raised at events
- Check BAPBR email on a frequent basis and respond in a timely manner
- Prior experience with event management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong delegation skills and collaborative instincts
- Knowledge of nonprofit business models
- Strong commitment to the mission of BAPBR, and, in general, to animal welfare
Born Again Pit Bull Rescue saves lives by keeping dogs out of local shelters through spay and neuter assistance, owner and shelter support programs, and community education. We are the longest standing registered nonprofit rescue in the Portland area dedicated to improving the lives of pit-bull-type dogs and their families. Our community programming includes Snip Your Pit, our spay and neuter assistance program; Full Bellies Fund, our food bank program; and Pit Stop & Adopt, our shelter and owner networking program.