The Development Director is a point of contact for current and potential donors, co-manages the organizational budget with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, oversees the yearly grant writing process, solicits funds for the organization, and conducts market research analysis. The Development Director also acts as a representative of the organization at fundraising events and works with the Marketing & Communications Director to build greater awareness of BAPBR. This position works with the Leadership Team in addition to attending bi-monthly leadership meetings with the Board of Directors. This is a non-paid, volunteer position. Following a six-month probationary period, this position serves as part of BAPBR's working Board of Directors.
Minimum 12 months
Average Time Commitment
- In coordination with the Board of Directors, create and implement yearly strategic development plan
- Work with Board of Directors to identify and cultivate new donors, as well as maintain/improve current donor relations with foundations, corporations, and individuals
- Research grant and funding opportunities and develop effective grant applications; manage the grant writing process, submit applications and prepare grant reports
- Check BAPBR email on a frequent basis and respond in a timely manner
- Experience working in businesses development and/or fundraising
- Experience developing and managing organizational budgets
- Grant writing experience
- Knowledge of nonprofit business models
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative instincts
- Professional oral and written skills
- Strong commitment to the mission of BAPBR, and, in general, to animal welfare
Born Again Pit Bull Rescue saves lives by keeping dogs out of local shelters through spay and neuter assistance, owner and shelter support programs, and community education. We are the longest standing registered nonprofit rescue in the Portland area dedicated to improving the lives of pit-bull-type dogs and their families. Our community programming includes Snip Your Pit, our spay and neuter assistance program; Full Bellies Fund, our food bank program; and Pit Stop & Adopt, our shelter and owner networking program.